Avtech’s CTS-700 ramp test set tests ICAO standard SELCAL decoding systems, HF and VHF radio systems, audio systems, and ATSCALL or DTMF selective calling decoders that reside on the aircraft. Battery-powered and totally independent of ground facilities, the CTS-700 generates the RF and tone signals needed to activate the system under test.
The test signal transmits directly to the aircraft radio system by incorporating a crystal-controlled RF generator for VHF and HF frequencies, and provides a thorough system evaluation for correct identification of faults. Eliminating the need for ground radio facilities dramatically speeds the testing and troubleshooting of complex problems.
Housed in a gray fiberglass case, the CTS-700 is available as a system that includes the charger, antenna, and operator’s manual. (An audio output is included for use with bench test facilities.)
- Tests VHF and HF radio systems
- Generates 16 SELCAL or DTMF tones
- Generates 300 to 5000 Hz audio tones
- VHF and HF crystal controlled RF generators
- Operates 20 hours on internal rechargeable battery
- UL/CSA, VDE, TUV approved rechargeable units
- High contrast liquid crystal display
- Adjustable audio outputs of tones for bench testing
- Precision crystal controlled tone frequencies and timing
- -20 to +50 degrees C operating temperature
- Weather resistant switches and panel
- Auto-off timer turns unit off if not used for 15 minutes